Why August Is the Busiest Month for HVAC Companies in San Antonio
Did you need to hire an HVAC company or plumber in San Antonio during August? According to our friends at Hill Country Home Services, you’re not alone. They say August sees the highest number of new home starts, remodels, and installations of any other month in the year.
Even if you didn’t need HVAC services in August, odds are good that you will soon.
How South Texas Heat Affects Your AC Unit
A South Texas summer’s extreme heat and humidity can wreak havoc on your AC unit. That’s why August is the busiest month for HVAC companies. These companies are busy fixing and replacing AC units that have broken down from the heat.
If you’re having problems with your AC unit, don’t wait until it’s too late. Call a professional to take a look at it now. They’ll be able to diagnose the problem and make repairs as needed before it becomes worse. And they’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have about how they operate or what their services include.
Signs of Heat Damage
The blistering heat of summertime in Texas takes a toll on many homeowners’ plumbing and HVAC systems. Here are some signs that your home may have suffered heat damage:
1. Your home or office is not cooling down.
2. Your thermostat is not displaying the right temperature.
3. Your air conditioner is blowing warm air.
Comfort-Air Engineering’s technicians can help detect these signs and fix any other issues you might have with your HVAC system.
How To Protect Your Home From Heat Damage
While you may not think about your AC unit until it’s on the fritz, it’s crucial to have a plan to keep your home cool and comfortable all summer. Here are a few tips from Comfort-Air Engineering and Primo Plumbing, Inc.:
1. Have your AC unit serviced by a professional before summer begins.
2. Consider an upgrade to a new high-efficiency system if your system is over 10 years old or if it uses more than 15 amps per hour (or 800 watts).
3. Turn off appliances like washing machines and dishwashers when not in use, as they can generate excess heat that will only make your house hotter during the day.
4. Invest in a smart thermostat that lets you adjust your home’s temperature from anywhere. This will save energy, and you won’t have to worry about forgetting to turn off your AC before heading out of town.
Over 50 Years Of Five Star Service
I was so pleased with the excellent customer service provided by Luis, Eric, Camillo and Mark. Also, your Customer Service Accounts Payable was so sincere and efficient. I would and will always recommend Comfort Air to anyone.
I've been a customer of Comfort-Air Engineering Inc for about ten years. I like them because they are very dependable. When I call them, they come out. A few years ago, they installed a new heating and air conditioning system for…
Replacing faucets throughout house was no problem for these pros, even though there were a variety of fittings they had to deal with. Showed up on time and worked efficiently. Real professional job at a reasonable price.
We have always appreciated your family owned and operated business. We have been with your company for approximately 20 years and wouldn’t trust any other.
Comfort-Air Engineering Inc. recently installed a generator for us and they also did some plumbing work. This was our first experience with the company. They were on time, professional and courteous. Moreover, they did exactly what we asked them to do…