Water Heater Service in San Antonio
Expert water heater repairs and installations in San Antonio.
Water heaters are the integral home appliance that provides us with convenient access to hot water. What happens if they break, however? Before you start tinkering with your unit, let our plumbing professionals at Primo Plumbing, Inc help you. With quality plumbing repairs, we can maintain, fix, or replace the water heater in your home. Best of all, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee that provides you with the peace of mind that comes with quality plumbing repairs.
Save on new water heater installations with our coupons.
What Are Common Symptoms of a Damaged Water Heater?
Like any well-oiled machine, your water heater is often out of sight and out of mind. While you may expect your water heater to work perfectly at all times, there are still some trouble symptoms you can look for that will hint at a future problem. They include:
- Hot Water Runs Out: Naturally, a traditional hot water heater has a limited supply of hot water. If, however, you find yourself running out of hot water quickly every time, there may be a more serious issue with your unit.
- High Energy Bills: A water heater is one of the highest consumers of electricity in the home because it is constantly working to maintain hot temperatures. With that being said, abnormally high bills can also point to a more serious issue with the heating element itself.
- Rusty Water: The last thing you want is to have rust-colored water coming through the taps in your Timberwood Park home. Rusty water is a symptom of an old water heater tank, which will require immediate replacement.
- Water Leaks: A leaking water heater will not only cause you to run out of hot water, but it can also cause significant water damage to your home. With water leaks that are hard to detect, this can be especially concerning as leaking water can translate into mold growth in the home.
If you see any of these symptoms in your home, it may be time to contact a plumbing professional. Using the latest repair methods, a plumber will be able to tell you the source of the problem and offer effective repair solutions.
Water Heater Installation
When your home or building needs a new water heater, we’ll install it with the fast and professional service you deserve. Feel free to ask any questions along the way, and we’ll provide all the answers and details. Primo Plumbing, Inc. also enjoys guiding you through the process so you can make the best decisions for your needs.
The process requires:
- Water heater basics: We’ll happily discuss everything you need to know about water heaters. We’ll also help you understand energy-efficiency ratings to save you the most money.
- Choosing your water heater size: You’ll need a perfect size that meets your lifestyle, home, or building requirements.
- Choosing your water heater style: The two main options are storage tank water heaters and tankless water heaters. Based on your needs, we’ll guide you to choose the best option for you.
- Deciding fuel type: Our experts will help you decide between natural gas, electricity, propane, geothermal, or solar energy.
- Smooth removal & installation: Your old water heater system will be carefully removed and disposed of. Afterward, your new water heater will be expertly installed and ready to operate.
Is your water heater on the fritz? Call the trusted San Antonio plumbers at Comfort-Air Engineering and Primo Plumbing, Inc. Our highly trained plumbing team offers fast, effective water heater repair services.
We’ve provided reliable plumbing services throughout San Antonio since 1964, so you can be confident you’ll receive superior service and products when you call us.
Call (210) 494-1691 or contact us online to learn more about our water heater repair services.
Water Heater Repair San Antonio
The team at Primo Plumbing, Inc. has the knowledge, tools, and skills to resolve even the most challenging water heater problem. We know that a working water heater is vital to your home’s comfort and cleanliness.
When you call us, our technicians will arrive promptly with a fully equipped vehicle, diagnose the problem, and apply effective repairs. With our help, you can get back to enjoying a comfortable home with a working water heater in no time.
Common Water Heater Issues We Repair
There are many problems you can have with your water heater; some are more common than others. San Antonio homeowners call us for a wide range of water heater issues, including:
- Water discoloration
- Irregular water temperatures
- No hot water
- Pilot light problems
- Storage tanks making noises
- Water leaking from the unit
If you have any of these issues, don’t wait. Call our San Antonio plumbers at (210) 494-1691 or contact us today.
Preventive Maintenance for Your Water Heater
While our team is here to help you whenever you have a water heater concern, preventative maintenance ensures your system will perform reliably. For traditional tank water heaters, flushing the water heater routinely is essential. This maintenance task removes sediment and buildup, so your system can run well.
We recommend having a plumber check your water heater once a year to ensure all connections are working as they should.
Schedule your maintenance check today by calling (210) 494-1691 or contacting our team online.
Why Should You Replace Your Water Heater?
Determining whether or not you should replace your water heater should always be left to expert plumbers, but if you are replacing the unit, there are plenty of benefits you can enjoy. First, having a new water heater will offer the opportunity to buy an energy-efficient unit that can actually help save you money in the long run.
Another great benefit to replacing your water heater is improved water quality. As a water heater breaks down, it may leak rust and other impurities into your water. This can also affect the plumbing as well.
Lastly, replacing your water heater is the perfect opportunity to upgrade! Whether you’re getting a unit with a larger tank to accommodate your growing family, or you’re looking for energy efficiency, upgrading your water heater is a great investment in your home.
Even if your water heater is still working, it may be time to replace it before it goes bad. We can repair your water heater if it still has life left in it, but you should consult us before it’s too late. The sooner you do, the better your chance of preventing a water heater disaster.
Here are some signs to look for:
- Life span: Water heaters have a service life expectancy, so you need to double-check the date that you first started using yours. The closer your water heater is to reaching its lifetime limit, the sooner you should contact a professional to replace it.
- Water quality: Your water might not be reaching hotter temperatures easily, or the color of your tap water might start changing color.
- Leaks: If any leaks are starting to show around your water heater, you need to have a professional fix this issue ASAP.
Why Hire a Pro?
Only trained professionals can install or replace your water heater with the safest and most efficient procedure since it’s hazardous and time-consuming. This is not a DIY project you should take on without professional help. If you make any mistakes, the consequences could be dangerous and more expensive.
Here are some maintenance tips to help keep your water heater in great working condition:
- Perform a basic inspection of your water heater: Look for signs of damage and listen for any gurgling noises or loud tapping sounds. If you notice things out of the ordinary, call a professional technician for further inspection.
- Insulate your water heater’s piping: Purchase three-eighths-inch-thick foam pipe insulation from your local hardware store. Measure the diameter of your water heater’s pipes so you can match the foam accordingly. Carefully wrap your water heater’s piping.
- Insulate your entire water heater: Protect your water heater with an insulating blanket. We recommend R-4.5 foil-covered bubble wrap. You’ll need to cut openings to allow the pipes, valves, and temperature control unit to stick out of the insulation for easy access.
Although these tips are a good starting point to keep your water heater functioning, nothing compares to a professional’s expertise. Only a trained technician with years of experience can ensure your water heater is kept up to the highest standards.
Choose Primo Plumbing, Inc for Your Water Heater Needs
From repairs to installation, Primo Plumbing, Inc is your expert San Antonio water heater specialist. We offer 24-hour emergency services if your water heater is completely damaged, and we can also provide repair solutions for smaller issues. Call us today and get the help you need with your water heater.
Read our reviews and see what our satisfied customers are saying about our hot water heater services.
When you need water heater repairs, you want to work with a team you know you can trust. Primo Plumbing, Inc. provides water heater repair services in San Antonio, and we’ve served the area for over 60 years. Our family-owned and -operated business puts your needs first.
When you choose us as your preferred plumber, there will never be a mess left behind. For superior services and products you can count on, choose Primo Plumbing, Inc.
From repairs to installations, call Primo Plumbing, Inc at (210) 494-1691 for all your San Antonio water heater needs.
FAQs About Water Heater Repair
Should I replace or repair my water heater?
The answer depends on several things, one of which is age. If the system is less than 10 years old, it’s usually best to replace it. If your water heater is over 10 years old, needs a costly repair, or continuously struggles to meet your needs, then replacement is a more cost-effective option.
How long does a water heater last?
Most water heaters will last about a decade. Proper maintenance, including annual flushes, could extend this expected life span.
Why is my water heater not working?
Many issues can cause a water heater to break down. Some common ones include:
- Lack of power
- Leaking TPR valves
- Problems with the gas valve
- Loose electrical components
- Thermostat problems
Why Choose Us
Engineering your comfort for life
- Excellent Customer Service & Experience
- High and Known Reputation - 5-Star Reviews
- Full Transparency - Upfront Pricing and Satisfaction Guarantee
At Our Company, customer satisfaction is our number one priority. Our highly regarded reputation, backed by five-star reviews, stands as a testament to our outstanding service. Plus, you can rest easy knowing you'll always be kept in the loop and have access to upfront, transparent pricing along with our satisfaction guarantee.