Slab Leak Repair Services in Timberwood Park
Dependable slab leak detection and repair services in San Antonio.
A slab leak is a water leak that is found beneath the home, making it highly damaging to home foundations. In many instances, a slab leak can go undetected for a long time, resulting in extensive damage to cement foundations, which can result in the need for extensive repairs, and in some instances, actual construction. Primo Plumbing, Inc is your San Antonio slab leak repair specialist. Using the latest methods for detection, we can quickly locate and repair even your most hard-to-reach slab leaks. Contact us today to find out how we can help with your repairs!
Save on your slab leak repair services with our coupons and specials.
What Are Signs of a Slab Leak?
Unlike other plumbing leaks in the home, slab leaks can be a bit more difficult to find because they are under the slab foundations of the home. There are, however some symptoms you can be on the lookout for. They include:
- Sound of Running Water: The sound of running water is familiar to everyone, so hearing it when no taps are running can be an easy sign of a slab leak.
- High Water Bills: Slab leaks are basically wasting water as they run, so if you see abnormal spikes in your water bill, chances are you have a slab leak.
- Cracks Around the Floor: A slab leak occurs in the foundations of your home, so any time you see cracks on or around the floor, it could be because of water damage.
- Damp or Moldy Smell: Like any water leak, slab leaks leave excess moisture inside your home. If rooms in your home smell are musty or damp, then a slab leak may be to blame.
- Low Water Pressure: If water is leaking somewhere in your plumbing, it will drop the pressure in the rest of your plumbing, which can cause poor water flow from taps.
- Warm Spots on the Floor: This is the easiest indication that you have a slab leak. If there is a warm spot somewhere on your floor, generally close to fixtures like toilets, then a hot water line is leaking.
If you find any of these symptoms in your home, it may be time to contact your plumber. Using the latest tools and techniques, they can find a slab leak before it’s too late.
How Are Slab Leaks Detected?
Slab leaks can be detected in a few different ways, depending on the tools available to your plumber. In some instances, using the water valves and meters already in your home, a plumber can isolate certain flows of water to test whether or not excess water is being used.
Another testing method is to use a piece of equipment similar to a metal detector. As it scans the floor, it will beep when water is found leaking outside of the plumbing. Also, a heat detector can be used to find spikes under the floor, but this is only effective for hot water slab leaks.
Regardless of the method, most leak detection can be performed without excavating or causing damage to your home.
Professional Slab Leak Repair Services
Slab leak repairs should always be left to the professionals. At Primo Plumbing, Inc, we offer quality slab leak repair services that include repiping, pipe rerouting, and a pipe relining solution depending on the size of the pipe involved. When you contact us, we will send an expert plumber to check your slab leak. Once we determine the scope of the problem, we will provide you with an effective fix that will have your plumbing flowing in no time!
Don’t just take our word for it. See what our customers are saying today.
Prevent water damage and mold growth from a slab leak by calling Primo Plumbing, Inc. Contact us at (210) 494-1691 and get quality slab leak repairs today!